Here are some fun tips for Universal Orlando!
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- If you like Harry Potter, pack your robe! The more wizard bling you have the more you feel like you’re in the movie or the book.. It’s more economical to buy your HP products online before you arrive at the parks. Hot Topic or Party City often has HP accessories at half the price of the park.
- The first thing you should do when you get to the park run, don’t walk to Olivanders and get your wand. We suggest the interactive wands, they are wands that cast magic spells throughout Diagon Alley and Hogsmead.
- Treat yourself to Butterbeer ice cream at Florean Fortescue in Diagon Alley!
- Don’t forget to ride the Hogwarts Express both ways, they are different experiences! You will need a ticket with park-to-park admission to ride this ride.
- Want to feel like you’re in the HP movies? You must ride Escape from Gringotts and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Don’t rush through these lines, there is so much to see while waiting for the rides.
- Buying souvenirs? Before you make that purchase, go to the money exchange near Gringotts and get some wizarding money from a gobblin. This can be used to purchase anything in either Universal Park (its an even exchange but adds just a bit more magic to your purchase).
- Look out for the dragon on top of Gringotts, he breaths fire! We spent a long while waiting for him. You can tell he’s about to blow when you hear him rumble, then a blue dot appears in his mouth, then you know he’s about to blow. You can feel the heat from his fire if you are standing near him. It is quite an experience.
If you are not into Harry Potter, there are still lot’s of things to do. Here are our top picks!
- The water rides are amazing! Our favorite was the Jurassic Park River Adventure!
- Seuss Landing is so magical, especially for the little ones.
- When the lines get super long is from 12:00 – 4:00 and if you are staying at Cabana Bay Resort go back to the hotel and hang out, take a nap, swim in the pool, just rest. You can go back to the roller coasters at 4:15 or 4:30 the lines will be a lot shorter.
- Speaking of Cabana Bay, for just a few bucks more, upgrade your room to a suite. Not only is there more space with an extra room and a sofa, there is also a fridge in the room for leftovers, drinks, or breakfast.